What's the hardest part about writing erotica for you?



It's fascinating to me how, at times, the words flow like lava from a volcano ready to blow; and at other times, it really is (to paraphrase Hemingway) like drilling rock and blasting it out with charges to get any good words.

I feel as though writing is difficult when I reach a spot where I'm not quite sure what's supposed to happen moment-to-moment. I have to sit there, thinking of what action or event or reply comes next before setting it down in words. Does she say something sarcastic and witty? Does the giant futa girlcock go in her ass, yet? Did I forget to mention the giant bone gun? When do their feelings about each other change? Who's deceiving whom? Did I mention earlier the thing she's using now? How are my characters leaking more fluids than is possible for the human body to contain? (Magic, bitches!) Wait... where is her ass supposed to be in relation to the other one's mouth and are all hands and limbs and tails and wings accounted for?

Funny thing is, I thought I had planned ahead. I HAD AN OUTLINE, GOD DAMN IT. But it wasn't detailed enough. Nor could it have been. Or at least, that's what I tell myself--of course that could be incorrect. I got impatient and did not do the "pre-writing" that makes writing the draft easier. Pre-writing is where I go in and block out a scene, putting in the touchstone actions and dialogue but nothing more, then later I embellish. This allows you to blaze through a draft when you finally write it, achieving stupid ridiculous nobody-will-believe-you word counts.

I could have front-loaded this work but instead I grew impatient and thought to myself: No worries, I got this. Then later I come to realize I got this means I'm staring at Scrivener for half-an-hour deciding something that already should've been decided.

The Other Hard Part (or member, or sex, or hot bubbling glue gun of love)

 

I can only imagine that, after a while, reading descriptions of body parts banging and slapping together gets old. You can only escalate so much before you're blurring the line between sex scenes and the hamtastic melodrama of professional wrestling. Also, note to self: don't use the double horse cock futanari demon right away, save her for later so you have something worth escalating to (Surefire way to escalate with futanari: just give her another cock).

How to not do this, not write like this seems almost impossible to describe, but I've crossed over into this strange territory at least once. It's kind of like how Miles Davis played trumpet: it was all about the notes he didn't play. And some times I enjoy the ridiculousness of it. It gets me hot and makes me chuckle a bit. The stuff I enjoy reading, personally, is mired in gory, sticky, slick, wet, smelly detail. An entire paragraph describing only three second's worth of action?

Yes, please.

What about you?


What's the hardest part about writing erotica for you? Angsturbate with us!






Get free stories, blog posts, and announcements

* indicates required



photo credit: Penis Festival @ Kanamara Matsuri @ Kanayama Shrine @ Kawasaki via photopin (license)

Comments

  1. Hm. I think the hardest part for me is deciding what to write next. When I sit down to write, it's easy. But I have too many stories in my brain all shouting for attention that when it's over, I'm often caught in indecision about where to go next.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good problem to have. I have other ideas developing while I get this angel/demon thing out of my system.

      Delete

Post a Comment